Heritage

This week I have experienced how important a persons heritage is. Your heritage is defined as something that is passed down from preceding generations. Where you come from, which traits you inherited from your parents and their parents, your past, that is your heritage.

During our trip to Namibia I met a lot of strangers. People who didn't mean anything to me in the past, people I didn't care about, but love now. My wife and I went with her parents and grandfather as they grew up there. They showed us the schools they went to, the farm they owned, towns they stayed in and introduced us to the friends they still have strong bonds with. People they love, part of their heritage.

As I listened to all the stories the elders told and experienced a piece of what their lives were like back then I realised that they knew exactly where they stand with each of these people and that they know where their roots are. With God we should also know where we stand. We should know where we come from and where we are going as a result of that:

1 - Matthew 5: We are sons (and daughters) of God
2 - Luke 10:19: We have power over evil
3 - 1 John 5:4: We are victorious in the Lord

Know who you are in the Lord! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do not be an idiot

Sitting in my coffeeshop

On Broadway