Paint

This weekend I painted our house’s outside wall. I had it restored before the operation since the paint lifted because of rain. It was left grey (cement coloured) and not touched for two months. I wanted to paint it while I was at home but wasn’t able to since I got drunk as soon as I started. As a result I coould only manage to paint the top of the wall with waterproof paint during a six week period. I now had to paint the first coating in white, then the fist coating of the eventual colour and lastly the final coat. Also, the wall has two different shades, thus the corners has to be painted carefully.

I enjoyed the painting. It’s not something that I have done a lot of before, but I have done it. By doing it on your own you also have a lot of time to think. And here it comes…

The day you give your heart to the Lord you are like a new wall. Freshly painted, bright and “perfect”! We sometimes go astray and then cracks start opening up. Or the paint lifts. We are still Christians (walls) but we don’t live like we ought to (cement coloured). In some cases it only requires a coat of paint to “fix” us, but in others the cement has to be plastered. Cracks have to be filled.

If you have cracks or need a paint-job, consult with someone who can help you. It’s very difficult to stay standing on your own. Tell someone who’s been there, work through your problems.

After all, sharing is caring…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The danger of success

Do not be an idiot

On Broadway