Paintings


On Saturday I started out making some portrait frames for my younger brother. He requested them a while ago, but I only had time to go and buy the wood now.


The first of the 4 frames I made this weekend


While I was busy with this I realised that the extend of my product is the frame that I am making. Although I am proud of the work I am doing a frame on its own is almost worthless. I started pondering what he wants to put in the frame. Maybe a nice photo that he took since he is a photographer. Maybe some of his graphical designs. Maybe a photo of himself, who knows.

You see, many times in life we think that we can live on our own. We are the creation, not the Creator. God created us so that we can worship him. We are the frame. While we are beautiful to Him we are only complete if we have a picture or a drawing inside the frame. We spend a lifetime drawing this picture via the life we live and the relationship with others and our Creator.

Be closer to Him than ever, start living your goal, His dream for you.


Paint your picture...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do not be an idiot

Sitting in my coffeeshop

Psalm 23