Google it...


These days we all know how to Google. In fact, we probably use it all the time. I am still relatively young, in my own eyes anyways... I cannot think for a moment how it would have been without Google. From work, research, planning holidays, confirming information that friends mentioned, anything, all of it is there. I can only remember one instance where Google didn't have an answer, but unfortunately I cannot remember the instance...



Also, Google has become so popular that it is now a recognised term. Instead of saying: "I will research it" we now say that "I will Google it". Google has made my life so much easier! And that is only the search engine; I have not even mentioned Google Maps, Gmail, Google Sky map, Google Goggles, etc. There is a legion of options to choose from because of Google.

What makes Google great is that it is instant. With the touch of a few buttons you have answers, you have information. You can fix things, you can consult, and you can "take over the world".

In many ways we view our religion like this as well.  We pray and expect answers. We cannot wait for tomorrow. We cannot be patient and continue to believe that it will happen, we want it now, we need it now. Only problem is: that's not how it works...

The Bible says: Ask, and it shall be given unto you (Matthew 7:7), not "Ask and it shall be given unto you NOW". I have to learn to trust that what the Lord says, He will do. He will provide in my every need. He knows my heart and the purpose of me asking. I just have to continue believing.

Mark 11:24
Romans 12:12
James 5:8
Revelation 14:12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do not be an idiot

On Broadway

Be a legendary Comrade!