Moving on

My younger brother stayed with us since 23 November 2012. Today, about 4 years later, things changed. He decided, after finding a place to stay with some of his friends, to move along.

We had our good and our bad times together. We had time where things would not go smoothly at all, where limits had to be set from scratch. Times where he helped us, and we helped him. For periods he did not have work, but when he had work things also worked out better for him, and us.

Today I saw a different side of him. He was neutral about moving, not showing any emotions. But as soon as we off-loaded his first batch of stuff, I could see a bit of a change. He had a bit of pride in the fact that he now has his own space. A place that he could come and go as he wants. Also, he is with all his friends. He could interact with people that understands him better, friends that he interacts with daily by choice.

Now, on my part, as older brother, I always felt this responsibility toward him. I felt that I could not just let him go without knowing that he is in a position to look after himself. Now, though, my work is not finished. I will keep on praying for him, as it is my duty to ensure that he, on his own accord, surrenders his life to the Lord. 

Then, we will be brothers in more than one way.

Its goodbye, but not farewell

http://rauties.net/index.php/blogs/todays-blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do not be an idiot

On Broadway

Be a legendary Comrade!