Marking

My wife is a teacher. She loves what she does and lives for those kids. Enjoys most of it, apart from politics... For the few times that I also present training, I have to mark Portfolios of evidence as well as the assessments that goes with it. Both of us don't particularly like the marking, but it comes with the job and has to be done. The problem is that it is so repetitive...

While sitting and marking I have often thought that it is close to judging. While I am judging the work performed that is set against certain standards I realise that there are many other places in my life where I judge. This, despite the fact that the Bible states that man should not judge. Why do I do it then? It has to stop, somehow...

But more than that, I should remember that one day I will be judged by the only true judge. The Holy God who created all of us. He who does not just want us to know about Him, but to know Him (Mat 7:21). Intimately.

I have to up my game




PS: This is blog number 101, with 5106 reads already. Thanks to all so far. Keep it real

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do not be an idiot

The danger of success

Sitting in my coffeeshop