Train the Trainer

Today I had the oppertunity to present a training course to 25 government delegates. Its a course that I presented 5 times before, but the last time was March 2012. Preparing to facilitate it this time around didn't take too long as the knowledge was already embedded.

On the morning of training I normally feel a bit nervious. You don't know what to expect. Would the delegates warm to your style? Would you be effective in transferring the content? Would it be a smooth session where everything just runs smoothly?!

Well, today was a bit different. All the above points were present, the nerves as well as wondering if all would be well. Today I learned a few lessons. They weren't hard lessons, maybe more like reminders.

As I facilitated the session it was quite obvious that my background, my lifestyle and the example that I could use are miles apart. We were miles apart, but we are also the same. We are in the same line of work, but with complete different roles. Were South Africans, but we look and sound different. We all love Jesus, but we praise in different languages.

It is time that we embrace these differences in order to learn about ourselves. Yes, we learn about another culture, but while communicating with others we learn more about ourselves.

In the end its all about the human race, God's race. Embrace it
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The danger of success

Do not be an idiot

On Broadway