Marikana

Today, as I drove to Rustenburg, you have to go through 3 toll gates. The last one, just before Rustenburg, is called Marikana tollgate.

Strange thing driving through an area that was in the news almost daily for the past 4 or so weeks. As you drive there you only see open fields, farms, hills and man-made mountains. The worked out ore of the platinum mines that govern the area. The very same mines that ensure thousands have jobs and make certain ones very rich.

When the tragedy took place people stood up and took notice. A name, Marikana, that we never heard about before, now has an infamous connotation. Its not a name you really want to be connected with. Politicians take easy shots in order to get cheap points. Media focus on people's comments with their own interests in mind.

I do not agree with anything that happened there, but what I am worried about is that, after all the bloodshed, no-one cares about the lives that were lost. Its like it not happened, surreal.

Have we as humans come to a stage where we don't care about others at all? Do we love money so much that we would either kill, or get killed, to get it?

I am shocked, I am worried. All I can think to do is to pray. I have to pray for my country, for yours. I have to pray for life, real life, a life with Him. Join me...
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The danger of success

Do not be an idiot

Be a legendary Comrade!